Saturday, July 11, 2009

Review: The Mario Sprite

I always thought all Mario Sprites were of the highest calibur. Pixel Perfection, from this day. Every time the big N pops out another Mario game, I always admire the charm that is displayed in their sprites, especially their main man Mario's sprite. But... I just don't know about this one.

What is the first thing you think when you see this thing? Mario? I sure as hell don't see our italian plumber in this sprite. Why is his shirt and hair coloured different? Why did Nintendo choose to do this? Who did you want this new palette to appeal to, Nintendo? Well, enough of the questions, lets just take a gander at this imposter.

First of all that putrid green colour has to go. Augh. just looking at it gives me a headache. Also, look at his boots and hands! They're just waaay too big to look normal. Before this I though Nintendo was going in the right direction in the realistic department, but now it looks like they're taking a step into the stupid department. Its like they want to make our favourite plumber look dumb and just plain silly. Kids obviously would not think this character is cool.

There is not the slightest bit of detail in this character. You can't tell what he even is! Whats that? Oh, overalls? Whats that, ah, a moustache? Whats this, oh, a badly developed character!

I'm gonna cut this review short and end is with one word: Dissapointing. I expected more from you, Nintendo. I really did.

The Good
You can stop looking at it.

The Bad
But you have to start looking at it first.

Score
37.3%

1 comment:

  1. Uh, it's 8-Bit! Duh! I can only have 3 colors, and that's from the FIRST mario game!

    ReplyDelete