Saturday, December 26, 2009

Games I enjoy that weren't already mentioned

Because some of those mentioned provided great entertainment for me, especially how hilariously racist Punch-Out seems to be. Some games that I played during the course of this year that did not cause me internal hemorrhaging are as follows.

(Jace here. For Kevyn, the games didn't have to come out this year for him to play them, so don't complain to us saying that some of these games weren't released this year. Get fucked.)

10. Indiana Jones and The Staff of Kings.
Namely it's co-op mode, which allows skilled people such as myself to breeze through it with a competent buddy in an hour, and creatures like Jace to cause the game to freeze because it is sick of these kids being stuck on the tank driving part for 3 hours.

9. Meteos.
Played it, enjoyed it for a bit. It takes a basic puzzle game and wraps it up with so many delightful variations. I wish they would do the same deal with Tetris, which I have taken under my wing, next to my heart, and close to my balls.

8. Half-Life 2.
I finally finished it not so long ago, after getting halfway through on another computer and my ps3. Super-powered Gravity Gun is the best present ever.

7.Left 4 Dead.
Was convinced to get it at a bargain price. It's more fun when playing it with friends, and now I have a microphone so that should be even more fun. If I try to play it with foreign peoples, I miss the first half of the level because it is loading, while all the people that are actually playing have a good time shooting dem zombies.

6.Evil Genius.
Got this only the other day. It's only $2 on steam, or near enough. It makes all the things that evil geniuses do make sense. The game makes you want to do what James Bond villains do, as it should. It's kind of the opposite of Freedom Force in many respects, namely that it is good. (Freedom Force is a great game; Kevyn sucks.)

5.Final Fantasy VII
I bought it off o' dem play-stay-shun networks. I like me some Final Fantasy, the first contact I had with it was through Kingdom Hearts. For I am BUT A CHILD.

4.Beatles Rockband
Satisfying to play, and to sing along to. I always thought I would never understand the whole Guitar Hero thing until I could play "Guitar Hero: They Might Be Giants" with an accordion controller. This is best at the moment.

3.InFamous
Made by Sucker Punch, who did Sly Cooper, a game which I loved to it's little bitsies. I Was kind of disappointed at how gritty this new venture seemed to be, but it plays well, if ridiculously implausible at times.

2.Brutal Legend
It's short, but it is just fun to play. Imagine if Grand Theft Auto was fun (Grand Theft Auto is a great game; Kevyn sucks.). Then it could be this game. You just drive around in this pretty world filled with all these great characters. Also, summoning a burning zeppelin.

1.Let's Kevyn: Kevyn of the year edition
Of course it comes as no surprise that Let's Kevyn reigns in the number one spot. Everyone is playing it, everyone is talking about it. It is getting perfect scores from sites all over the place, and this one is no exception. I also happen to be the absolute best player of it. Let's Kevyn continues to be the best selling game ever, and is slated to become a blockbuster hit in Hollywood by next year. (Here Kevyn means the videogame "Lets Tap!" which is on the Nintendo Wii. It's shit.)

No comments:

Post a Comment