Saturday, December 26, 2009

Some stuff

Happy box your shit day! Other websites may stop at the holiday season to be with their family, but Crogabond told us that families are for whiny pussy-breaths. Of course, we didn't believe him, but then he killed us. So that sucks.

Anyway, I updated the website in a couple of ways you won't notice. I just changed the timezones for our posts to our actual time we post it (Melbourne and Sydney time), and some other little things.

I'll be going back down to Melbourne to stay with Kevyn for a couple of weeks soon, so expect some more exciting content then. It will be exciting, let me tell you. The tags hold some mysterious clues.

Also, I won't be doing a big top games of 2009 mega-thing. Sorry. I actually wrote ALL OF IT out, but then I thought to myself. "This isn't what Crogabond is about!" I pondered, hastening the pace as my hand stroked my hard cock. "Crogabond isn't about lists! EAAARGHH!" At that point I came and passed out for four hours. So I decided I didn't want to do it. HOWEVER, I will now write what my top games are, just if you are curious, and next to them write down why they are.

This was really tough for me, and my opinions may not reflect yours, as shit as they are. This goes in descending order.

10. Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story - Another quirky adventure in the RPG series. Maybe ran on for a bit long, but it is so quirky that I could not not give it a place.
9. Borderlands - Fun multiplayer game with a trillion guns to play with. Maybe got a bit stale for me, but it was great while it lasted.
8. MadWorld - Super-fucking-bloody-oh-my-god-my-eyes game that was just fun and satisfying to play. Throwing a dude into a shredder with a signpost through his head never felt so good. The commentators are fantastic too.
7. Punch-Out!! - Maybe playing through this with Kevyn gave it more of an effect for me. Quirky, funny characters and nostalgic gameplay make this one. If you can't beat a guy, you can practice against a hologram version to master his moves, so the next time you face him you'll come out on top. It is one of the most gratifying things ever.
6. AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! - A Reckless Disregard for Gravity - Game I didn't expect to like so much. It has an internet, meme-ish style of humor that you don't see in other games. The next Peggle or Bejeweled for me, I just play it all the dang time.
5. Torchlight - This is the game I have played the most this year. A dungeon crawler, it just feels like a casual thing to play. You jump in, kill some monsters, get some gold, maybe level up, and jump out. If only it was that simple.
4. Left 4 Dead 2 - Everything a sequel should be. More guns, more gore, more levels, and the nice addition of melee weapons and some new items.
3. Time Gentlemen, Please! - One of the best adventure games I've ever played. The puzzles are fun and can be challenging, but not challenging enough to offend your grandma. The humor hits me in just the right spot and sometimes makes me laugh until I can't breath no mores.
2. New Super Mario Brothers Wii - When I first played this, I found it horrible. Nothing new to the Mario series, except co-op. And then I realized that really is the point of the game. Mario Wii doesn't try to do anything new or innovative, but it delivers on what is advertised: It is a Mario game that you can play with three other people. And I wouldn't want anything more.
1. Batman Arhkam Asylum - This came as a late edition, only bought this a few weeks ago, but it is a fantastic game. It is fun to be stealthy and take out your enemies one by one, until there is one poor little bastard left scared shitless, it is fun to take out a gang of enemies with Batman's martial arts, and it is just fun to move Batman around. The villains of the game are interesting and cool, and whatever Batman does in the game looks bad-ass. This is not a game you want to miss.

So, yeah! You might hate my decisions but, well, fuck you. Those are just mine and I'm sticking to them. If I talk to Kevyn and ask him what his favorite games are, I might put them up here too. But we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment