Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Peter Wong from Hong Kong

Once upon a time I received an e-mail from a lovely Peter Wong:

"Subject: Good day
Good day
I am Mr.Peter Wong,from Hong Kong.I have a deceased client funds in my bank i need you to front as beneficiary,If
interested contact me for more information via: jpeterwong4@yahoo.com.hk
Sincerely
Mr. Peter."

As you can see, he signs with his first name there. But that's just how they do it in Hong Kong.
Naturally I wasn't very interested in his offer, but it would be rude to just send him away. I quickly wrote back:

"Good day to you to.

I am Mrs Pew Cork, from New York. I am delighted to meet you, and wonder if you would care to come over some time, so we can play a game of Uno with my friends Wayne from Spain and Lamnam Chrisco from San Fransisco. Looking forward to talking to you in the future.

Sincerely Mrs Pew."

Unfortunately I never received a reply. Perhaps Mr. Peter Wong (from Hong Kong) didn't think I was being entirely sincere. I suppose some people just won't take up offers from strange e-mail addresses. It's a shame, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment